Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Everything Virtual


     Everything virtual.  Filling out my paperwork for the new job, virtual.  Receiving my pay-check for the new job, virtual.  Numbers in an account.  Everything virtual, viral.  Everything viral that's virtual.  Ooooh I miss it.  The days, the good ole days, when I would hold a wad of cash in my hands...to "smell the green" feel the sensual pleasure, of a full pocket.  Take grannies advice and dole it out into envelopes, partitioning for the pleasure to partake.  Partake of life's task.  You know, pay the bills, gas money, groceries, and the ever indulgent "entertainment" section.  The good ole days.  When entertainment was partitioned.  When we thought, entertainment.  Am I just getting older, one of those fuddy duffs I used to complain about who was always complaining about "the good ole days!"  I dunno.  Or am I just, just...a sensuality buff, tuned into the senses of sight, sound, and touch.  Somehow by going virtual, this is being stolen from us slowly.  The palette dies so that it does not even plead.  Draw with pixels they say, "it's the same."  Really?  Does a pixel have the smell of Schminke oils?  Does the pixel step out and bow down tempting your will?  Virtual, everything virtual.  Virtual lovers, virtual...mothers.  What's next?  Our companionship reality shows.  Viral, it's virtual.  NO!  It's not.  Life.  It's not virtual.  "I think, therefore I am"  I feel, therefore I am.  I touch, therefore I am.  Turn those digits into cash.  Buy yourself gold and jewels, stash them under the mattress.  Turn the virtual to actual.  You notice my flip phone?  So, so what?  I have a dumb phone.  Yes, I have a dumb phone I barely talk on and I'm proud.  Proud? Of what you ask?  Ask Foxconn.  

No comments: